Courses Open to the Public
You can hire Gail to develop and teach a personal finance course or seminar tailored to the needs of you or your organization. For more information, call Gail at 416-733-0221 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Materials for Students (Password-protected, accessible when course starts)
Toronto District School Board (TDSB) Continuing Education
Leaside High School, 200 Hanna Road, Toronto
Course, # 82020, starts January 18, 2017
Learn how to take control of your money and build your personal wealth in this introduction to personal finance and investing. The course delivers valuable, practical information in plain language that everyone can understand. Topics discussed include: create your own personal wealth building plan, choose the right financial advisor, pick the best stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds, RRSP’s and retirement planning, Tax Free Savings Accounts, reduce the tax you pay and much more.
The Facts of Life about Your Finances
University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
University of Toronto, St. George Campus
starts March 23, 2017
This course will teach you the financial facts of life you probably never learned when you were growing up. It will help you make better everyday life decisions that involve money. You will learn how to:
- Develop a financial plan to achieve your personal goals e.g. raising children, home ownership, retirement, travel.
- Budget and track your spending.
- Get the banking services you need at the lowest cost.
- Establish a credit history and get a credit card.
- Decide whether to buy or lease a car and finance the deal.
- Be a savvy shopper and save money on such purchases as cell phone contracts.
- Make the right decision on accommodation: rent or buy?
- Negotiate a loan or mortgage and pay it off.
- Save using a TFSA, RRSP, RESP or other account and invest your savings.
- Pay the least amount of taxes.
- Buy the insurance you need – life, house, car, disability etc.
- Prepare a will and powers of attorney.